Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Listerine Footbath

Since it's been a few months since the last update, I'd thought I'd start with something really exciting, like a footpath.

I had seen a ton of Pinterest pins about Listerine foot soak recipes. They all included vinegar and hot water added to the Listerine. With soaking, it was supposed to eat away the dead skin on your feet which would then float up to the top of the tub like a disgusting head of beer, leaving your feet silky smooth with little effort. I'd been skeptical and wanted to try it myself.  I shared this experience with my friend V, to have another witness. Since I run such a high class spa, I let her use a tote as her foot soak tub while I used my mop bucket. Look out Allure.

I had some off brand mouthwash , because obviously that's how much I value my oral health (and also I am using it on my feet instead, so there's more compelling evidence), but at least it was blue. The vinegar didn't add anything special to the experience except for an overpowering smell of pickles. It was guesswork deciding how much hot water to add. I was preventing feet cavities, pickling myself, and nearing boiling them off as well.

The mouthwash definitely gave everything a tingly feel, but there was also the unpleasant and initially frightening affect of dying dead skin blue. This spa treatment actually made it look like we both had a nasty food fungus. I didn't have any real scrubby brushes, so we both used washcloths to start rubbing away the azure dead skin, that was at least easy to see. The whole process was disgusting, yet satisfying. I did end up with some smooth feet, but it was not as effortless as advertised. I also ended up with minty feet and blue stained washcloths.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! I do have some listerine....maybe that can go on my weekend to-do list. If you have another sedentary task to accomplish, I'd be happy to skype-share this experience with you!

    ReplyDelete