Monday, February 23, 2015

Host an If:Gathering Event


If:gathering

February 6-7

IF GOD IS REAL... THEN WHAT?

This 2-day gathering will bring women together from around the world to wrestle with belief that God is real, the places in our lives where we are struggling with unbelief, how can we overcome unbelief and then what God can do with our belief.


I first heard about If:gathering from Jen Hatmaker's feed on Facebook. I'm a fan of her writing, blog, and humor. So when she said this cool thing was happening, I wanted to check it out right away. I didn't know any of the other seekers in the line up except her, but the purpose behind the event was just what I'd been looking for. One of my goals for coming back to Bethel was to restart a women's group at the church. I wanted to join the church before I tried anything official, and I became a member back around Thanksgiving. This year has been super packed and I just haven't gotten around to everything. If: came at the perfect time and was a perfect reason to get a conversation with some christian women about our lives here in Bethel. Three other women joined me all weekend in the school's library hearing amazing speakers and sharing what God was teaching us and planning for us. It was a very refreshing weekend to give focus on how I can be serving here in Bethel.

No comments:

Post a Comment