Monday, February 9, 2015

Two Books on Tape

I definitely got this one settled, but I was really trying to get the third out of the way before the 1st. I listened to the Count of Monte Cristo first. This took for.eve.er. It is a really good story that should have ended 50 chapters earlier. So much detail, which I didn't care about.

Next was The Land that Time Forgot. It moved much quicker but was a little confusing int he beginning because someone finds a message in a bottle and starts reading it and I didn't understand at first these were two different people. Also, the ending is wholly unsatisfying unless there is a sequel that I am unaware of. If there is none, I might have to write it. And the dog will be alive.

I am currently in the middle of Bleak House by Charles Dickens. I really do love Charles Dickens, and it's on my list for this next year to finish the collection, but this would have been a better novel to read. Because then I would have been able to skip over and speed read through sooooo much. There are a lot of good an interesting side and back stories that do come into play, but the main story is so much better and I could do without the rest and just read about Ester. I'm only a couple of dog walks away from being done.

No comments:

Post a Comment