Saturday, January 9, 2016

Alphabet Collage

Goal: To make an alphabet collage index.

While in Mexico last spring break, I spent some time sitting in the sand, making the letters of the alphabet with seashells. Once they were all done, I noticed there was a smudge in the corner of all of them! I did not have the enthusiasm to do it all over again.

Even though I didn't get a great database out of this activity, I did discover how meditative writing in the sand over and over can be. I was reading "The Circle Maker" by Mark Batterson at the time. I found myself praying for all the people I could think of who's name started with the letter I was working on. It makes me want to put "make a prayer sandbox" on next year's list.

I think I deleted all the sand pictures, because I can't find them. But I took a few pictures on my hike in Minnesota this summer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment