Thursday, January 8, 2015

Book Club

I've always wanted to be in a book club. Not the very serious, everyone HAS to read to come, very rigid list, snobby club (is that even a thing that happens or did I just make that up?), but a sit around drinking coffee, or tea, or wine, and sometimes talk about the book, but also just let conversation happen that the book brings up.

At the beginning of this school year, I was taking a long walk with my friend J and sharing some of my birthday list to do's. The next day, J was at a gathering of some mutual friends, and the topic if a book club came up again, so she said, "Erin wants to do that to. Let's do that. What book? How about this one?" and picked one off the shelf that she also had at home. Done and done. She called me up the next day to let me know Book club was formed, and we were meeting in a month. It was the easiest item to check off the list I think, because I didn't have to do any of the work.

The books to date are:
Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese
Let's Pretend This Never Happened by Jenny Lawson (I didn't read this one)
Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
Tracks by Robyn Davidson

The books have been good and the company has been great.

No comments:

Post a Comment