Thursday, January 8, 2015

Monthly Club

This was another item that didn't take too much effort on my side because I was invited to join Bunco night by my friend C. I had played bunco once with my teaching mentor back in Oklahoma and it was a hoot. Of course I love that I was able to check this off my list, and it's something fun to do every month, but the best and most unexpected perk was the group of ladies involved. I know several of them, but there were a large portion of people I had never met, and would never have met without this gathering. Bethel is a great social town, but all the activities happen (mostly) in people's houses, so if you're going to your friends' houses, generally they are filled with your friends whom you already know. It also tends to be a place where people run with their own kind. There are various teacher circles, hospital circles, court system circles, police and troopers, etc. You have to find the "keys," those people who are married to someone in a different circle and hope they have parties where they invite people from both sides. C is that key. Not only is she connected to the Trooper's wives circle, but she also used to work at the treatment center, so has pulled that group in too. I didn't even know there was a treatment circle, but there is and they're awesome.

1 comment:

  1. Erin, your blog is fun to read and what a surprise to see you even added little ol' me to the mix. I'm looking forward to this month's Bunco get together! By the way, I am so glad you are in the circle of friends!

    ReplyDelete