Thursday, January 8, 2015

Plan a two week hike



Now my real plan is to work at a campground in Wyoming this summer, but if that doesn't pan out, I'd like to complete at least two weeks of hiking. I would also like to bring the dog along. So I spent some time looking for a long trail that allows dogs and would not be too far from home base in Illinois. I found the Superior Hiking Trail that starts in Duluth, MN and follows Lake Superior north, just shy of the Canadian border. It's 225 miles long, plenty long for a two week hike with lots of exclusions. I was looking to maybe start in Gooseberry Falls Park. I've been there for a wedding party  a few summer's ago and it was beautiful! If I could manage three weeks, I could make it up to the trail's end at 270 Overlook. Even if I can't do it this summer, I think I will have to put this on my life list to accomplish. 

No comments:

Post a Comment