Thursday, January 8, 2015

Perpetual Summer Album

I wanted to make sure I made a photo album of my travels over the world, which I called my Perpetual Summer. I was originally thinking about the old fashioned albums to stick the photos in, but my friend Alisha makes a printed book each year and I love the look of them. One day in June I went on Snapfish.com to see how easy it would be to make, and it was super easy. There was also a sale on them that ended in 13 hours so I settled in and just did it (after collecting a glass bottle of wine). I started out with the first page by typing up some of the journal entries I kept along the trip but soon realized this would take FOREVER. Also, no one I showed it to would read all those little words. And they were already written in my journal. And I really wanted something for people to hold while I told the stories. So I opted to include very basic titles and names of specific people and place's I might forget later. When it came to choosing the cover picture, there wasn't much doubt. This picture will forever sum up that year.


No comments:

Post a Comment