Thursday, January 8, 2015

Join the Church

One of the things I missed the most while traveling last year was being connected to a community where I felt I belonged and could make a difference. This was very closely tied with going back and being involved with my church. There are a lot of great things that I learned about myself and my walk with God this last year. One of them is that I was going back to Bethel with a real purpose of being involved in the community. I wanted to join the church so I can have a standing on the decisions and directions that our church is taking to serve the community.

Joining was an easy process. There was a night to watch an informational video with the pastor and others interested in knowing more about the church and what it should for. The video covered the 6 affirmations of the Covenant church. If I had made a list of 6 things I believed in and were important to me, it would have almost have been the exact same list. It made it very easy and clear that joining the church was the right path now. I filled out a short application, and then shared my journey of faith with the boards members of the church. The next Sunday (November 30), Pastor Hugh presented me to the church. There were a couple "I will's" to say, the rest of the church to "We will" back, and done.

No comments:

Post a Comment